Karadur Inacu  (karadur) wrote,
Karadur Inacu 

Mary Does it Again

Tonight she decided, without even mentioning the idea to me first, that I'd be going home an hour early because it wasn't busy. That was thankfully resolved when Manoah came back with her and explained that they'd made that decision together, then gave me a chance to explain to him that they at least needed to ask me before making any decisions that affected my shift. Except for holidays, but yeah. Stuff that will be ironed out sooner or later. I was also wrong in saying Manoah closes tomorrow night, because he's only there 'till 12, leaving George, Mary, and I to close. George is okay though, so hopefully that'll be enough to make the night go by quickly. As for today's shift, it was decent, aside from Melissa fussing at a couple things I was doing on drive through. Apparently we're not allowed to tell customers the five taco deal is $6.77 with tax now because "that sounds like too much", and I also wasn't repeating the orders. Meh.

Tonight was also my last supper shift unless Melissa gives me another one on the schedule she's making up right now, but that's fine by me. The only thing working another one would get me now is the ability to go to McDonalds for a Flurry, because they weren't serving ice cream when I went tonight, and I can just as easily go there pretty much any other time I desire, so there's no sense hoping for my schedule to specifically accommodate that. Better yet, I could save that for the end of the month, but last time we went on a trip like that we had to pick up Aunt Helen which meant we couldn't stop anywhere, and even if she had her own transportation, Dad was opposed to getting breakfast from McDonalds for, quite frankly, stupid reasons (without going into unnecessary detail, thinking that we should share certain beliefs he held).

Anyways, that will be dealt with at some point in the future, and certainly not for a while because there's way too much food here as is. I did go to McDonalds tonight and used the coupon I had to get a small order of chicken nuggets with another of the same for free. That's twelve nuggets plus a drink, then there were also cheese strings and quiche in the fridge when I got home, so I had some of each, as well as the rest of those chocolate covered strawberries I bought last night, and one little package of Ah Caramels. Yeah. This needs to stop quite soon, but that's also the reason I hope I'm going to be back on solid closes now. Before, it used to be that I'd have a bowl of cereal when I woke up, then either a small snack before leaving for work or box of fries when I got there, then later that night when I got home, one last meal. That was working too, but then day shifts came along giving me all this extra time after getting off work, and yeah.

Otherwise, I started writing about a dream I had last night before leaving for work but didn't have enough time to finish it, so here it is again now going by the notes I left myself.

Several summers ago (before I started working at Taco Bell), I did volunteer work at the hospital to keep me busy. Despite that being such a long time ago, it was used as a setting for my dream. James was there for some reason, and he and I were standing in front of the elevators on the basement floor. Perhaps unnecessary detail, but in real life, there are stairs leading up to the ground floor to the right of said elevators, but in the dream they were replaced with a hallway leading off somewhere.

Apparently we had been tasked with cleaning the elevator shafts (indeed...), which was facilitated by there being stairs leading down into them. Once again, unnecessary detail, but the stairs were weird. The top of them met the level of the basement floor, and their incline was shallow enough that they would have stretched at least the length of the shaft, if not more. Beyond them were three hollowed out rooms (three rooms for three elevators), which were what we were actually cleaning out. Also, they were surprisingly well lit, but from left to right, the first two weren't bad and only required minor cleaning, but the third wasn't quite as good.

I walked down into the little room with some woman, and got down on my knees to grab several rubber balls as she pushed them out from under a table into reach with a broom. For some reason, there was also a rather large box in the middle of the room, but we (or at least I) were trying to avoid touching it because even getting close to it made us uncomfortable. At that time it was revealed to us that the last person who had gone down there was an older man who used the rooms as storage space for cadavers (go figure, and only because it sounds nicer than "dead bodies"), so it was thus suspected that that's what was in the box, furthering our efforts to avoid it even more.

Having collected all the balls, we went back up to the basement floor, and watched James fiddle with the elevator for a bit. Apparently it could be moved effortlessly simply by grabbing the bottom with one hand (assuming both sets of doors were open) and either pushing up or pulling down. He moved it back down to be level with the floor, which was apparently for naught because he pushed it back up out of the way soon after. Watching him do that though, I noticed it would shake back and forth just as easily as it would move up and down, so I vowed never to use to again, because it didn't seem very safe.

Then he (James) went down into the little room for a minute, and came back up saying there were paper towels on the top and bottom insides of the box, which even more confirmed the theory of there being a body in it, so not wanting to worry about it any more, he pulled the elevator back down to be level with the floor again, and we were done.

Seemingly the next day after that, I was at the hospital again and had obviously forgotten my vow, because I stepped into the same elevator, then apparently without even getting out of it, started walking up a circular (in a square sort of way) staircase to reach my destination. I pondered the possibility of there being stairs in an elevator while walking up them, and came to the conclusion that it was impossible given the size difference between the two spaces, but there was still this feeling of being enclosed until I exited through a door at my desired landing.

Then there was one other dream that isn't quite as interesting and that I can't remember nearly as much about, but it started with being at somebody else's house after work. Somebody's till needed to be counted off (once again, I refer you to the fact that it felt like work had already ended in this dream), but wanting to avoid confusion, the till report was ripped in half, with the connecting edges of each half shaped like puzzle pieces. Some time after that, I asked if the report should be taped together again just in case that till was short, and was told yes, so I started trying to align the two halves (apparently the puzzle piece shapes no longer existed), using a diagonal stripe on the receipt as a visual aid, but woke up before I had a chance to finish that.

My dreams are weird. That about sums it up. It's also 6:20 now, so I should probably get to bed, but not before giving my room a quick once-over to pick up the pieces of toilet paper used for blowing my nose and other such trash. Yay~

  • I Know What It Is

    I wish I could easily skim through all of my old entries here and try to pinpoint something. Specifically, I want to know when it was that I started…

  • Random Entry for November

    Prediction: I'll end up becoming too tired to stay awake before I've finished writing, and by the time tomorrow gets here and I'm sat with my laptop…

  • A Limited (But Lengthy) Update

    Been a long time since I wrote in here, and even longer since I recalled a weird dream, but I had a couple last night that still stand out, and I'd…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded